Monday, May 7, 2007

first post ever- a knitting world for me!

I have a myspace where I hang with my friends, but honestly, I have no fiber friends. No one I know personally knits or crochets (or else they won't admit it!) but I always read everyone else's blogs about knitting and what they are working on and what yarn they are using and so on and I have longed to brag a bit on my own knitting life. unfortunately, whenever I talk about knitting on my myspace blog, it seems I get fewer comments so... but now, I finally have somewhere to put my FO! and I've been saving up... lol

  • scarf I worked on forever- 3 stranded garter stitch- I was still learning at that point.

  • and my first ever finished dishcloth a Grandmother's favorite, in different Sugar 'n Cream yarn- I let one of the girls I babysit pick the color pattern...


















I've got a lot more finished in the last month that I hope to get pictures of after done blocking. I tend to be one of those people who stock up a lot of FO to block all at once...

OTN-

  • "It's a Wrap" beach wrap from The Garter Belt in some clearance yarn I got a Joann's
  • Second sock of my first ever pair using Lion Brand's Magic Stripe Basic Socks in their Sea Blue Stripe color. I'm on the foot part so almost done. I did the first one on dpn's and now I'm trying it's match with Magic Loop- we'll see how that turns out.
  • I also have several WIPs that were given to me so I have to figure out what they we're using needle-wise and finish them up, or else FROG! FROG! FROG!

I'm hoping I still have time to knit and keep this new blog up since I should be starting my job next week. I'll do my best anyway!

No comments: