Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Down to the wire

Less than two weeks to go before the wedding and stress is starting to get me. Like I told P the other day, it's not the marriage part that makes me nervous. I mean, technically we've been living as if we were married for over a year. But the wedding part... now that's got me going crazy.

As of yesterday, I was told that the woman who I asked to do our photography well over a month ago won't be able to get out of whatever plans she suddenly has. Gee, thanks for the heads up... Looks like we won't have any pictures of the ceremony and that's killing me. I mean, I plan to only get married once. And while the reception is supposed to be the fun part (and we'll have plenty of picture there hopefully for all the disposables we bought for the tables!) it's the ceremony that I really want to see the pictures from. I want to be able to look onto our wedding day the way that all our guests will remember it, as well as from my perspective. And P doesn't understand why I say his dad can't be our ceremony photographer... *sigh*

Then I get an email last night from his family down there saying that they decided to change our menu without running it by us. Now, I understand some of the issues considering there is only one oven, but they changed what the actually dishes are, rather then just cutting some out. We never said we wanted half the things they are planning now. P says I should just call them and let them know how it is, but I just can't do that. First of all, I hate talking on the phone; secondly, I feel bad because they are the ones doing the work (although I told them I planned on doing a good bit and they freaked out on me and told me no); and lastly, it exhausts me even to think about it. No, I don't like the menu right now, but I don't hate it enough to call and fuss about it. Besides that, I haven't had the chance to sit down with him and go over exactly what was cut and what was changed to decide what we do and don't want. *sigh* (again)

Did I mention that we still have none of the favors done? Yeah, the custom stencil people have messed up our order not once, but twice. What they sent was entirely too huge for us to use and they don't seem to care that I paid them nearly $40 to make them right. Those people are really starting to piss me off!

Tomorrow is the fitting for my dress. I was looking forward to that but now I'm second guessing how much I spent there. I know I could have gotten a cheaper dress. I could have bought a cheap veil from WalMart... there are plenty of ways I could have done it cheaper. Hopefully tomorrow will make me fall in love with it all over again, being that I haven't seen it in almost a month.

I did finish all the boutineres/corsages for the wedding and even made our bouquets. Granted, they're rather small bouquets but at this point, it doesn't matter to me. They are done and that's all I care about. I made some jewelry for the moms and we ordered business card holders for our dads. I'm still working on the MOH gift and I doubt he's even started trying for his best man. But that's his problem, not mine.

Money has been the biggest issue recently. Just the other day P realized just how much in debt I am from my student loans. Combine that with the car loan and this wedding credit card debt and I'm probably near $30,000 in debt. Which of course is more then my yearly salary. This bothers him to no end which then bothers me. He wants me to start looking for another job and while I'm not exactly thrilled with what I've got going on now, I'm not quite ready to move on. Then again, my best bud at work just had a couple interview this week at the board of commissioners office and from what she has told me, I might be able to get something over there. I guess I'll wait and see how it goes for her.

But on to brighter things! I finally (just) took pictures of my SP11 gift #2, along with #3 which came about a week ago. I love it all! My secret pal is just so sweet and amazing. She's even put up with my blabbing about the wedding and work. And without further ado...

#2- Photo calendar f0r 2008 (to document the first year of our marriage) and some bearded iris colors (in almost the exact same red shade we're using in the wedding- it doesn't show in this picture though)... so thoughtful

#3- Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn, a Soak sample, and a cute little love stamp pack thing.

I sent off another package to my secret pal this morning. I think it will go over well. I know I would like to have received it! :)

No comments: