Sunday, July 22, 2007

weekend in review

Wow it's flown by! We spent yesterday at P's parents' house hanging out. Actually, I spent most the time off with his sister getting pedicures. Talk about fun times! This was my first time too and I just keep staring at my pretty toes. Then we went to Taco Mac with his parents and I convinced dad to join the beer club thing they have- the Passport Club. I had a couple of cider beers- one was granny smith and the other was raspberry. They were so yummy too. Then I let dad pick one for me and that was a Blue Moon White... it reminded me of cleaning water, like after you just mopped the floor... ehhh... but I choked it all down. I swear, nothing can make you drunker then forcing yourself to drink disgusting alcohol. But he got it bad too. He was starting out with his normal Amber Bock and then we convinced him to try the, no kidding, Tommyknocker Butt Head Bock. I had a sip of it and damn it tasted gross. I mean, I could have forced myself to finish it as well, and he did, but I wouldn't ever order it for myself. ... And that was Saturday.

Today was a slow and humdrum day. When I got up this morning I told P a whole list of things I wanted to do today- take my car to the 3min/$3 carwash, clean up and vacuum the inside and finish cleaning the windows in his truck from when I made a mess of them (thats a whole other story), weed the flower beds so we could lay down the weed blocker stuff, dye a skein of yarn, finish my ankle socks in that "yarn that I hate but had to by another ball of because I didn't have enough yarn to finish the pair and it annoyed me", go ride our bikes for a little while, try to take some more pictures for the "Find me a rainbow" swap on swap-bot, maybe go out for lunch and possibly see "License to Wed".... then it started raining. But alas, I did get some things on my list done! As soon as it stopped raining I went out to clean the car windows, which was after I finished kitchenering the toe on that second sock. Then we watched "Dare Devil" together (so we still saw a movie) and he cooked us some fajitas (so I still didn't have to cook). I tried to take some pictures but my camera battery need charging. And I did dye my yarn! I keep meaning to take pictures to make up my own tutorial for dyeing, but of course, with no working camera that wasn't an option today. It's up drying in the bathroom right now and can hopefully be skeined up in the next couple days.

And now, I've literally just cast on for 'Shrug This' from One-Skein Wonders. I'm using some Nashua Julia in Midnight Blue that I bought on my first ever LYS trip. I knew I'd find a use for it eventually! Progress pics to come.

And in other news, I think we've finally set a wedding date! We still have to call the family who offered us the use of their ranch and make sure the date is good for them and then I have approximately 2 1/2 months to plan a small simple wedding. No problem! I'm feeling that newly engaged excitement again!

No comments: